Chris Brown is an American singer, songwriter, dancer and actor. Here are 20 fascinating facts about him:
1. Chris was born on May 5, 1989 in Tappahannock, Virginia. He first gained recognition in 2005 when his self-titled debut studio album peaked at number two on the Billboard 200 chart and spawned the Billboard Hot 100 chart-topper “Run It!”.
2. Chris is a multi-platinum selling artist and has collaborated with many high profile artists such as Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, Justin Bieber and Tyga among others.
3. In 2007 he became the first male artist in the history of Billboard to have his debut single and album chart number one simultaneously.
4. He has been nominated for numerous awards including Grammy Awards, Billboard Music Awards and American Music Awards. In 2012 he won three American Music Awards and two Billboard Music Awards.
5. Chris is a multi-instrumentalist, playing piano, guitar and drums. He has also produced several of his own tracks such as “Don’t Wake Me Up” and “Loyal”.
6. In 2009 he released the album Graffiti which attained gold status in the United States.
7. Chris is a talented dancer, having mastered several styles including popping, locking and breaking.
8. He has founded two charitable organizations – The Symphonic Love Foundation which is dedicated to helping children in need and the Chris Brown Foundation which seeks to help those affected by domestic violence.
9. In 2012, he was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his contribution to music.
10. Chris has released eight studio albums, four collaborative albums and over forty-five singles throughout his career. He has also appeared in several films and television shows including Stomp the Yard and This Christmas.
11. In 2014 he received his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Music as well as becoming a judge on the show The X Factor Australia.
12. He has won several awards for his music, including an NAACP Image Award and BET Awards for Best Male R&B/Pop Artist in 2016 and 2017 respectively.
13. Chris is a fashion icon and has been featured in several magazine covers such as GQ and Vibe magazines.
14. He has also produced several fashion lines including his own clothing line, Black Pyramid and a men’s jewelry collection “Royalty”.
15. Chris is an avid basketball fan and often plays in celebrity basketball tournaments.
16. In 2017 he was named the most streamed artist on Spotify in the United States.
17. Chris has a twin sister, Lytrell Bundy and three half-siblings; Christopher Jordan Jr., Ammika Harris and Indigo Jaymes Brown.
18. He has often collaborated with his father, Clinton Brown, who is also a singer, producer and songwriter.
19. Chris has released several fragrances and his own sneaker line with Reebok.
20. He is often referred to as the “King of R&B” due to his success in the genre. His influence on music and dance continues to be seen today.