Beyoncé’s influence extends far beyond her music, with her impact being felt in fashion, beauty and business. As such, she has become an idol for many people around the world. Here are some interesting facts about Beyoncé that you may not have known:
1. In 2002, she was a featured vocalist on Jay-Z’s “03 Bonnie & Clyde” and became the first woman to ever land a solo song featuring two rappers on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
2. She is the only artist who has had at least one number-one single every year since 1998 – an incredible feat given her immense success over the last 22 years!
3. Her hometown of Houston Texas declared June 24th “Beyoncé Day” to celebrate her successes.
4. She has won a total of 22 Grammy Awards, making her the most awarded female artist of all time.
5. Queen Bey is also the most nominated woman in Grammy history, with 79 nominations and counting!
6. Beyoncé was the first African-American singer to headline at Coachella Music Festival in 2018 – an event that has since been renamed ‘Beychella’ due to its success.
7. In 2016, she released Lemonade, her sixth solo album which debuted at number one on Billboard 200 chart with 653000 album-equivalent units sold within three days – setting a new record for the best first-week sales of any album.
8. She has also acted in several films, including Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002) and Dreamgirls (2006).
9. Beyoncé is a strong advocate for female empowerment; she launched The Formation Scholars awards program to encourage young women to pursue higher education in creative fields such as music, film, fashion and more.
10. In 2013, she was named one of TIME Magazine’s ‘100 Most Influential People’ alongside President Barack Obama and Malala Yousafzai.
11. Beyonce co-owns Tidal – a music streaming service which provides exclusive content from top artists around the world.
12. In 2015, she released the acclaimed “Formation” single which was accompanied by a powerful music video that addressed police brutality and racism. The song went on to become her ninth number one song on the Billboard Hot 100 chart!
13. Her father, Matthew Knowles, is an American record manager and businessman who has worked with several other artists such as Destiny’s Child and Solange Knowles (her sister) over the years.
14. Beyoncé has been credited with helping to popularize yoga in mainstream culture – she often practices yoga at home and even hires a personal trainer for her yoga sessions when touring!
15. She is also a successful businesswoman; in 2010, she launched her own clothing line House of Dereon and in 2015, she co-founded athletic apparel company Ivy Park.
16. In 2018, Beyoncé was the first black woman to headline Britain’s prestigious Glastonbury Festival in its nearly 50 year history.
17. She released her sixth album “Lemonade” in 2016 which earned her the highest amount of GRAMMY nominations ever given to a female artist – nine!
18. The singer has also been involved in several charitable and philanthropic activities throughout her career; she donated $7 million to hurricane relief efforts following Hurricane Katrina and has also supported organisations such as World Central Kitchen, Global Citizen and WACO Theater Center.
19. She has also earned more than 52 Guinness World Records, making her one of the most awarded music artists in history!
20. In 2020, Beyoncé became the first artist to ever reach one billion streams on Spotify with her song ‘Formation’ – an incredible milestone for any artist! This is yet another testament to how truly influential and inspiring Beyonce is both within the music industry and beyond!
With such a long list of accomplishments and awards under her belt, it’s no wonder why Beyoncé continues to inspire many people around the world. There’s no doubt that Queen Bey will continue setting new records for years to come! Here’s to hoping we get more of Queen Bey in the future!